The Bright School is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Bright School is committed
to providing an environment that is free from discrimination in employment and any
admission opportunity because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry,
disability, gender, sexual orientation, or age.
The Executive Director has issued the following policy stating The Bright School’s views
in this matter:
It is the policy of The Bright School to:
- Strictly follow personnel procedures that will ensure equal opportunity for all
people without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, ancestry, marital status, disability, veteran or draft
- Provide opportunities for volunteers which mirrors the nondiscrimination
guidelines for employees.
- Follow best practices in our service delivery model for the fields of Deaf Education
and Early Intervention, making all reasonable accommodations for both our
center-based program and our itinerant services.
- Strictly follow all admission procedures that will ensure equal consideration
regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, or gender.
- Achieve understanding and acceptance of The Bright School’s policy on Equal
Employment Opportunity by all employees and by the communities in which the
- Thoroughly investigate instances of alleged discrimination and take corrective
action if warranted.
- Be continually alerted to identify and correct any practices by individuals that are
at variance with the intent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy.
The Bright School
1600 Constance Street
New Orleans, La. 70130